04 December, 2014

Imperial Knight, day 4

Metallics. Drybrushed on some Tinbitz first. But realising that I wanted to add a lot of weathering I then airbrushed on a mid-tone metal colour. Actually, I was somewhat worried about using metal paints in the airbrush but after a few tried it went on nicely.


From there I have washed the lower leg to get som contrast in and also simply to get going on all that metal. Lots of weathering to do. First wash was a mix of VMC English Uniform and GW's Ogryn Flesh wash plus some water. Never thought I would find use for that Winsor & Newton Series 7 size 4 brush, but for this kind of work it is perfect!


 This is only the beginning of the work on the body, but I like to make my way around the model and get some colours onto all the parts. Just like blocking in the colours on a standard-sized miniature, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good so far! Can't wait to see what you do with this beast!

    ReplyDelete